Wednesday 10 June 2020

#MyWordForToday is #Energy

#MyWordForToday is #Energy

If you have ever met me, the first things you will probably notice is the mischievous spark in my eyes, the energy of my movements, and my boisterous nature.

My superpower has always been my ability to carry my energy with me. It seems to me that people leave theirs behind, and being in a place where everyone is staid and dull affects the atmosphere making it lack in spirit. By energy, i mean vitality and high spirits. 

I didn't always consciously carry my energy with me, it was just something that was part of me. Over time, however,  I tended to go along with the flow of atmosphere of a place, but I soon realized that this always dampened my often high spirit more than anything; and so, now I come into a conversation, into a room, into anything bearing my vivaciousness. 💃💃💃 

I had written a post about my second name being "joie-de- vivre".  Being a natural sanguine, I am able to animate just about any group of people I meet with, naturally, people who know me expect this energy every time we meet but I fall short of expectations sometimes, and when this began to happen, I started to study myself more intimately.

I discovered that I am sometimes unable to give my usual verve for myriad reasons, but because of this discovery, I am very conscious of cultivating my energy. 

I realized also that although I am sanguine, I am also an ambivert. I need time to recharge and refill my energy. I am able to be by myself for weeks without needing face to face interactions, as long as I have my books or social media. 

"What is an ambivert? An ambivert is someone who exhibits qualities of both introversion and extroversion, and can flip into either depending on their mood, context, and goals" - science of people. 

Ambiverts are sometimes referred to as " outgoing introverts" 😅 I'm not sure any part of me is an introvert though. 

You see, a lot of people think that time and money are our only limited resources, whereas our energy and what we allocate them on are truly the most limited resource.

I was listening to a podcast featuring Tyra Banks and James Altucher. She said anytime she's approached with opportunities, she takes time to evaluate them, she asks herself if they are “Fierce, Funny or Heart.” Broken down, these mean: 

Fierce: Is it aspirational or does it have a glamorous kind of spin to it?

Funny: Does it make you laugh, is it self- deprecating, is it comedic?

Heart: Does it touch your heart? Is it emotional? Does it feel like there’s some type of connection?”

She says the opportunities must have at least two of these elements. So like me, Tyra carefully chooses the stuff that she spends her time and energy on.

There was a time I spend my energy on trying to fit in in cliques or even getting some people to like me,  I no longer do this, whether I'm liked or not, I am bringing my energy, let everyone deal with that. 😎

The first step to being HAPPY with yourself is knowing and owning who you are. Spend time analysing yourself and your feelings.  Find out why a matter affect you so much?

Take time to understand your feelings towards stuff so it can help you navigate some areas of your life. And this is why you must never discountenance your intuition and feelings.

A lot of us tend to run away from some of our feelings that are not positive.  Envy, for instance, is a human emotion that many of us have experienced, at one time or the other. What is however important is what you do with it. 

If you are envious of a particular person or situation, you should find out what about it is making you envious and then deal with that. Envy like other "negative" emotions is a purely human emotion, and dealing with it is the best way to getting it out of your system.  

Like I said in my other post, we must never shy away from having uncomfortable conversations, sometimes those conversations are with ourselves.

Allocating your energy into the wrong things will drain you, make you unhappy, and might even frustrate you. In one of my blogs, I  wrote that you receive the same energy that you bring.

This is why it makes so much sense to social distance from the energy that drains you. Filter ruthlessly those whose energy makes you empty and surround yourself with the positive ones.

The funny thing about energy is that if you're not carefully curating your own energy, you will absorb that of others around you, nature, after all, abhors a vacuum.

This applies even in corporate organisations.  Human beings are the lifeblood of a company and we are emotional animals, and so, where positive Energy is low, productivity could also be low, where productivity is low, sales which is the bottom line of many businesses could also become low. 

Always bring your own positive Energy.


Namaste

Bibireosefowora 💕💌
(Neither Pedigree nor Class can be bought with Money).

No comments:

Post a Comment

#MyWordForToday is #Pedestals

#MyWordForToday is #Pedestals I am not watching Big Brother Nigeria, but I can tell you the names of housemates because it is the hottest sh...