Monday 4 May 2020

#mywordfortoday is the mechanics of being #average

#mywordfortoday is the mechanics of being #average.

What if you found out you were an average person?

First off, what does being an average person mean? Is being an average person such a bad thing? Must everyone of us be exceptional?

Is stumbled on this topic this morning, having risen up early as I was wont to do, and I was ruminating on my life choices and lack of the same.

This thought literally struck me out of nowhere, I wondered to myself "are there people who identify as average?"

Being addressed as an average person automatically draws a mental flack for a person.

I remember a scene in that ridiculously humorous, yet touching Indian movie 3idiots, where the principal gave an analogy of someone coming first, and everyone remembers his name, he asked who the second person was? No one remembers the second person.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this rambling of mine, but I sorely believe that no one is an average person (this is my opinion), what I believe we have are either mentally lazy persons (people who do want to stress their brain) or people who give up (to be fair, some do not give up easily).

Like someone said, "talents are universal, opportunities, however, are not", an average person is one who although has an innate talent(i believe each one of us has a gift), but would never stress himself in pursuit of opportunities related to that talent.

Like I said in my earlier write-up on " Imposter Syndrome", "it is not what you do not have that is the issue, it is what you have that you are not using".

Take a look at C Ronaldo for instance, is C Ronaldo the best footballer in the world, is our guy JJ Okocha better than Ronaldo or is the converse the case?

CRonaldo from accounts I have heard was an average football player, I do believe he knew this. So what does he do? He out trains, outperforms and outplays his contemporaries and what do we have: A GOAT (And I don't mean Eran Iya Osogbo).

It is a natural curse of brilliant people to underperform and this become average (I know, it happens to me)

Brilliant people often fail because we do not realize on time that being brilliant is not enough, being talented is not enough, you must build capacity, you must hone your brilliance, you must outperform your natural talent/brilliance because if you do not, you become average.

If you see yourself as an average person, here's a life hack, know that growth can be situational, good habits like bad habits are learnable and are in fact contagious

And i am yet to find the one person who has regretted investing in himself....

The most important ingredient for "de-averaging" yourself is deciding not to be. It is that simple. Unless of course, you are happy being "an average joe" which is also cool (I guess).

But know that "life does not stop and start at your convenience". Also "all die na die". And once you die, it is all over.

Trust you are keeping safe? Thankful for the rain ๐Ÿ’Œ

Omotoyosi Bibire Salihu

Bibire Ose Fowora๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ€


No comments:

Post a Comment

#MyWordForToday is #Pedestals

#MyWordForToday is #Pedestals I am not watching Big Brother Nigeria, but I can tell you the names of housemates because it is the hottest sh...